Skip navigation links
About Brian York
Court Calendar
Northern Division-Circuit
Northern Division-District
Southern Division-District
Circuit Sentencing Docket & Probation
Civil Division
Circuit Civil
District Civil
Small Claims
Unlawful Detainers
Criminal Division
Circuit Criminal
District Criminal
Magistrates Warrants
Traffic Court
Family Court
Child Support
Domestic Relations
Protection from Abuse
Absentee Information
Absentee FAQ
Absentee Voting
Jury Information
Restitution Recipients
Legal Services
Child Support 

Once a child support case is filed, it takes an average of 1-2 days to be processed. It is given a case number, assigned a court date and issued for service on the defendant. The defendant must be served with the paperwork before the case can proceed. Both parties will need to bring documents and be prepared to give testimony to support their side of the case.

If you are being represented by the Department of Human Resources, you will need to stay in contact with your case worker regarding your case. All notices regarding your case will be mailed to your case worker or district attorney. If you are represented by a private attorney, you will need to stay in contact with him/her regarding your case. By law, we cannot give legal advice. If you need an attorney, you can contact one of the organizations listed in the aforementioned link.

To change your address for child support payments, you must complete and mail a Change of Address form.  (Change of Address and/or Name).  We do not accept this information by phone.

If all children in the court order have reached the age of majority (19), you can terminate the Income Withholding Order for Child Support, if no arrearage is owed. Complete and return to the Clerk's Office a Motion to Terminate the Income Withholding Order (Affidavit for Termination of Withholding Order for Support). Once the judge has signed the order to terminate, the employer will be notified to stop deductions. There is a $28 filing fee.

General contact information is available below for the Alabama Central Disbursement Division (ACDD) and Talladega County's DHR center.

Alabama Child Support Payment


Department of Human

P.O. Box 244015
Montgomery, AL 36124

Phone: 1-800-284-4347

P.O. Box 715
Talladega, Al 35161
Phone: (256) 761-6600



   Required Child Support Forms